IEEE’s core purpose is to foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
IEEE will be essential to the global technical community and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
1. Student branches provide IEEE Student members a networking opportunity to meet and learn from fellow students,
as well as faculty members and professionals in the field to share their interests, future professions and ideas.
2. In addition to improving their soft and hard skills. An active IEEE student branch can be one of the most positive elements in a department, offering programs in IEEE designated fields of Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology, as well as similarly related fields of interes.
1. A student branch gives students the opportunity to meet and learn from fellow students,
as well as faculty members and professionals in the field.
2. An active IEEE student branch can be one of the most positive elements in a department offering programs in IEEE designated fields of Engineering.
3. Student branch activities offer numerous educational, technical, and professional advantages of IEEE membership through special projects, activities, meetings, tours and field trips.
4. Participation in regional conferences, workshops and competitions
5. Development of leadership, interpersonal and team building skills
6. Participation in awards, scholarships and project/design programs and student paper contests
7. Access IEEE online services and resources.
1. Exclusive workshops for IEEE members and chance to participate in IEEEXtreme ,(coding competition) ,
IEEEmac (mobile application contest), IEEE maker competitions and many more....
2. Get an opportunity to attend various webinars , conferences and forums that occurs worldwide.
3. You will get your own GSsuite account (ending with @IEEE.org) with 30 GB cloud storage.Volunteering to various communities and access to a multitude of scholarship opportunities.Access to various research papers , journals , magazines useful for projects and opportunity to publish your technical paper
4. Access to the IEEE resume and job portal site and many more....
All first year, second year, third year, fourth year students pursuing engineering in any branch can apply for an IEEE membership.
Your IEEE membership will be valid for a period of 1 year
For details refer to this Link to Pdf
You are eligible to join IEEE DBIT SB Core if you are a second year or a third year engineering student from any branch
1. Opportunity to Collaborate with other IEEE Student Branches, young professionals, IEEE-Eta Kappa Nu (IEEEHKN), and Women in Engineering groups
2. Schedule speakers on technical or professional subjects. See SPAx for more information
3. Enter design competitions
4. Design a student branch website and enter the Global Student Website and Social Media Competition
5. Organize field trips to industry and give tutorials to non-members
6. Raise funds for charity or student branch projects
7. Participate in IEEE conferences
8. Publish a Student Branch newsletter
9. Participate in engineering awareness programs
1. Obtain a certificate of appreciation for serving as a core member in IEEE DBIT student branch
2.Earn brownie points to help you boost your resume and flaunt your managerial skills to help you grab that dream job.